Mar. 27, 2015
Notice Regarding the Decision to Expand the Polyester Spunbond Production Facility
Unitika Ltd. (Head Office: Chuo-ku, Osaka City; President and CEO: Hiroyuki Shime; hereinafter “the Company”) has officially decided to expand the production facility for polyester spunbond nonwoven fabric at Thai Unitika Spunbond Co., Ltd. (TUSCO, located in Pathum Thani, Thailand; President: Hideaki Kaminokado), the Company’s subsidiary manufacturing and selling spunbond nonwoven fabric in Thailand. With this expansion, the production capacity of TUSCO will increase from 4,000 tons per year to 10,000 tons per year (from 24,000 tons to 30,000 tons per year for the entire Group).
Since launching the business of spunbond nonwoven fabric in 1973, the Company has developed applications of spunbond nonwoven fabric mainly for industrial materials, consumer products, and agricultural materials under the two major brands of MARIX and ELEVES. At present, the Company has spunbond manufacturing facilities at its Okazaki Plant (Okazaki City, Aichi) in Japan and at TUSCO outside Japan, both of which are operating at full capacity.
The Company has therefore decided to expand the facility to reinforce the supply system in response to the expected market expansion mainly in rapidly growing Asia, and to satisfy the demand for spunbond nonwoven fabric with further advanced performance, with the aim of achieving the target of maintaining and enhancing its No. 1 position in the polyester spunbond market in Asia, which is upheld in the growth strategy under the Company's new medium-term management plan.
2. Outline of the facility expansion
(1) Product: Polyester spunbond nonwoven fabric
(2) Place: TUSCO (Thai Unitika Spunbond Co., Ltd.)
(3) Location: Pathum Thani Province, Kingdom of Thailand
(4) Investment: Approx. 4 billion yen
(5) Capacity to be expanded:6,000 tons per year (24,000 tons → 30,000 tons per year for the entire Group)
(6) Schedule: Operation will start in April 2017.
<Inquiries about this newsletter>
Global Marketing & Procurement,
Nonwovens Division, Unitika Ltd.
<Reference: Outline of TUSCO>
(1) Name: Thai Unitika Spunbond Co., Ltd.
(2) Business: Manufacture and sale of spunbond nonwoven fabric
(3) Founded: April 1997
(4) Capital: 343 million baht
(5) President: Hideaki Kaminokado